Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day Post

The kids all bundled up after a long afternoon of swimming. Thanks Uncle Jim and Aunt Car Car for having us today!

Funny faced Rowan.


My Mother's Day celebration actually started last Sunday. I got to spend the day at Glen Ivy Hot Springs with 7 other amazing moms and was away from my family for 12 hours (the longest I've ever been away at this point). We had a relaxing day at the spa, lots of time to have uninterrupted conversations, I even learned how to play a new game (I think it was called bananagrams?). We finished our day with a tasty Indian dinner at Madras Cafe, an all vegetarian South Indian restaurant. I came home that day feeling relaxed and renewed, and happy to see my family. This week, from what I recall, was a fairly typical week. Then today we had a planned a busy day with family, but Chris was doing almost all of the work. He first planned and prepped a brunch that we brought to his mom's house this morning. We had sweet potato waffles, roasted potatoes, fakin bakin, fresh fruit, and homemade peanut butter cookies. It was delicious. We spent some time with Chris' brother and his family over there and the kids ran around like crazy. They had so much fun. We sped home for a quick nap for Rowan, and a quick trip to the grocery store for me to pick up stuff for our pool party/BBQ planned for the afternoon. We headed over to my sister's fiance's house for a BBQ and pool party. We met up with my mom, brother, sister in law, niece, nephew, cousin, and her son who is the same age as Rowan and cousin D. The kids had a lot of fun swimming, playing with Casper the dog, and eating some tasty food. We had Amy's burgers, chips w/guacamole, chili, fruit salad, and for dessert, 2 kinds of coconut milk So Delicious ice cream plus more cookies! The kids were so tired when we got home (late) and went right to sleep. Chris then cleaned up the kitchen, his final Mother's Day contribution. It was such an amazing day, I felt very loved:) Athena made me the cutest card, and hearing Rowan say "Happy Mother's Day" made it extra special. I always knew I wanted to be a mom some day, but I never realized just how much happiness it would bring me. I love my family more than anything!
The kids want to eat with their new "training" chopsticks at every meal lately. I actually might have to pick up a pair for myself!

2 comments:

Shauna said...

Very sweet post, Happy Mother's Day Sarah!

DJ said...

Being a mum's the best! Happy Mother's Day!