Wednesday, March 05, 2008

It seems like it has been forever

These are the blueberry bounty buns from Vive!


I feel like I haven't posted in awhile, things have been hectic and the weather has been beautiful which means I spend my days outdoors, and my nights, when I usually blog, catching up on all the stuff I should have been doing during the day. But it is so nice out, I just can't stay home and clean house.
Also, Rowan had his first ear infection and his ear drum ruptured. That wasn't fun at all but he is so much better now. Chris was sick, again, and was out of commission for 2 days which left me running the household solo. Anyway, I haven't cooked much but I did host the 1st ever San Diego Vegan Families potluck and it was so much fun. I had been wanting to start something like this for awhile as we attended some vegan meetup events, but were usually one of the only people with kids so we didn't get to talk to many other people much since most were scared away by us having children present. The potluck was so much fun, and so delicious. I couldn't stop eating. It was pretty hilarious because in the end, we realized we had forgotten to take photos but scrounged up the scraps to make a plate to photograph.

Lemon poppyseed and Blueberry muffins from fellow vegan blogger Julia!
So delicious mac n cheez from Val. (I was eating this stuff for days!)
2 bean chipotle lime hummus from ED&BV.
Our staged plate featuring banana french toast and some fabulous roasted potatoes from Lindsey at Day to Day Vegan. Plus tofu ranchero from Natalie at Wannabeurbanhousewife. I made my usual pumpkin waffles but I know I don't need to show a picture of those since they've been featured in this blog so many times! There was more food I'm forgetting but you get the idea.

While I was putting Rowan for a nap, Athena got herself ready for dance class. Didn't she do a nice job on her hair?! I put the pony tail in but she did the rest. She got compliments all day long about her do. 1 mom at playgroup even thought I did it myself!

We are trying to get Rowan ready for his birthday by asking him, "How old are you?" and then showing him 1 finger. He is starting to get the idea! Now if he'd only stop moving as soon as I get the camera ready and focused!

1 comment:

urban vegan said...

What a feast. And the kids are so sweet. That is quite a creative 'do!