Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Birthdays

We went to my nephews' 2nd and 7th birthday party this weekend in the OC. The kids had a great time. Athena loved the camera her big cousin got and waited patiently for a turn with it. (She kept saying, "Mommy, I really like that camera.") She loves visiting her cousins. I always call them her "boy cousins" but she has a boy cousin in town too so I don't know why I keep saying that. Maybe because there are so many of them (3 boys). It is funny whenever we visit them that Athena practically blends into the background whereas in my circle of friends here she can sometimes be a little, um, attention grabbing. I don't know what it is but compared to her cousins there she is pretty mellow. They are always commenting on how mellow she is. It is weird, because I don't usually see her that way. It is funny too because her cousin Ethan is the closest in age to her at 4.5 and they always end up playing together by the end of the day. At first, they are both a bit shy. I bet if we saw them more often it wouldn't be that way. I wish they lived closer, it is fun having cousins around, we are so lucky to be able to see some of her cousins practically every week. I'd like it if we could hang out with all of her cousins more often.

We all went to native foods for dinner and it was so good. Athena loved her kids meal which consisted of kids cup of native tea, veggie chicken nuggets, brown rice, cucumbers and carrots with vegan ranch, and a slice of mango. Plus an order of native fries to share.


No comments: