Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Smart Baby

For the past 2 nights, Rowan hasn't been sleeping well. He's been up every 45 minutes to 1 hour and 15 minutes more or less. It was starting to take its toll on me and tonight when he got fussy around 7 I told Chris to start putting him to bed for a change. We hadn't talked about this at all or made a plan, but I think Chris knew from my tone that I wasn't kidding around! I just said, go play some music, turn out the light and get him to sleep. He was pretty quiet for a few minutes and then fussed for awhile. After about 10 minutes, I went in and nursed him to sleep. Now he's been sleeping 2 and 1/2 hours which is more like him! I can't really complain, he has been so much kinder to me in the sleep department than his sis, but still I was used to him actually sleeping a few hours at a time. Anyway, I say he is a smart baby because it seems he must have known something was up, like maybe his all night nursing pass was going to be revoked or something. Now he is sleeping a nice stretch, so I guess I won't revoke his privileges. Smart baby, I tell you. And now I'm thinking this could be our new bed time routine, Chris gets him all tired and cozy in the bed and I just go in and snuggle/nurse for a few minutes. Sounds good to me. Let's hope he has a better night ALL night.

3 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

amen, sistah

Luci said...

Here's to babies sleeping a few hours at a time...at least! I feel you, sister!

julia said...

ooh, now that sounds like a bedtime routine I can get behind.