Friday, January 18, 2008

Chickpea Cutlets:(

I was really looking forward to loving these chickpea cutlets from Veganomicon but was actually disappointed. They went well enough with a spinach salad, I actually preferred the salad. Something about these was just strange, probably the stringyness. They were not terrible, I ate up all the left overs off of Chris and Athena's plates, but I wouldn't make them again. Chris didn't like them and Athena ate about 1/2 of hers dipped in loads of ketchup. I still love that book though, just not a cutlet fan I guess.

4 comments:

lao80 said...

WE didn't like them either.

Diana M. said...

I was so behind with your blog. I am all caught up now. We had lots of family (until tomorrow) and they stay in our guest room/office so I can't access our computer. Sad for me.
Sorry Ro is being a poopy sleeper. Ansel was only waking once a night for a whole week and then grandma came back and took over childcare throwing off his routine and Ansel's nose got stuffed up and now he is back to two times a night for feedings. His naps are better. At least one a day is 1 hr. The others are 30 min.
When are you coming to visit? We got a flyer for a new pizza restaurant that is vegan/vegeterian.

VeganLinda said...

You know, I was disappointed too. My fell apart and were stringy if that is possible. They tasted fine, but I figured I did something wrong. They didn't turn out at all like the other pictures I've seen.

A Dog's Best Friend said...

i had the same experience... my cutlets were blah and only salvaged by ketchup. i wouldn't make them again either.