Friday, July 13, 2007

It IS possible

I learned that it is possible to go to the beach with a baby and a 3 year old, and it wasn't that bad. Once I unloaded the giant amount of stuff that I had packed, and gave up on my runaway umbrella, we really had a nice time. Athena had the most fun of all I am sure. She liked when she "went deep in the water". Since it was actually a bay, she didn't have to field those big scary waves like the beach daddy takes her to. She wants daddy to take her back to this one now she says. Anyway, it was a lovely day. I even baked yummy muffins to share with our friends. They are the cranberry orange muffins from the Vegetarian Mothers Cookbook (I think, I stole the recipe from a friend and that is what I think she said), quite good and only a little bit of sweetener so they are pretty good for kids. The thing I love most about the beach is the naps that follow. And I am proud to say that we are all bathed, almost sand free, no sunburn, and the dirty stuff from the beach is in the laundry. I am so not making dinner tonight.......Sipz is on Chris' way home from work!

Oh, and I just realized that Rowan is 4 months today. I kept telling everyone at the beach he was almost 4 months and even said he'd be 4 months Friday - uh duh, it is Friday!!!
Rowan's top 5:
1. Rolling - he can go back and forth now
2. Grabbing his toes
3. Laughing hysterically at his sister when she practically smothers him
4. Exploring his voice
5. Bathtime
*and one more but I won't give it a number. He loves books, he used to sit back and relax while I read to Athena but now he grabs for the books, he wants to eat them.

4 comments:

Elaine said...

Well, books are delicious! And vegan! So it really works for everyone.

Glad you had a good time at the beach... we couldn't hack it. Not today.

veganmomma said...

I really wanted his first foods to be organic though, damn it!

lao80 said...

What no pictures?

Sounds like a good time was had by all. What did Rowan think of the sand?

veganmomma said...

yeah, i know, NO pictures. I could only carry so much and figured I would have a free hand ever to snap any photos. i was hoping someone else would have their camera, but it didn't happen. we did go to the beach again today and my MIL had her camera, so photos soon perhaps?