Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Trolley Ride, Families, Fireworks

We rode the trolley today and played in the fountain. It was a lot of fun. My favorite part of the day was having lunch with our friends in an air conditioned restaurant. It was refreshing as it was VERY hot today. I can't wait to do it again. It is a really nice outing. Athena wasn't that into the fountain because she wanted Jamba Juice right when we got there (and I said NO). She did play a little bit until I was ready to go.


Athena always makes families out of everything. These markers were sorted into mommy markers with a baby marker, some had daddies, some kids, and some even had aunties. She does this with everything. She also talks in this high voice when she is playing by her self with the families. It is so awesome. I love her imaginative play.
She also likes to set the chairs up for concerts, recitals, or tonights special "Fireworks". Chris turned the light on and off a few times and she just loved it.

4 comments:

nch said...

We were going to try and go but Esther called in the morning and offered to take Porter for a couple of hours and I could not say no. We will go next time for sure!

lao80 said...

That looks like a fun day. Did Athena like the trolly? Isaac and Ramsey love it.

KleoPatra said...

How totally FUN!! It has been ridiculously hot, i know it. Wow, i know we've got it better than a lot of other places in this world but STILL!

Athena's imaginative ways make me smile! That fireworks show sounds like a hoot. :o)

Michelle said...

hi, i saw you post a comment over on dreena's blog, so i skipped over here.. it seems like we have alot in common! my kids are also vegan since birth, and i'm currenly pregnant with #3 (whose name, incidentally, will be Athena if it's a girl; Rowan has been on my name list for years!). heck, i even have experience with "the hanging boob" LOL. my 2 older kids were also tandem nursed (my son nursed for 2 years, 4 months and my daughter nursed for 2 years, 6 months; both thru child led weaning).

anyways, just wanted to say hi!