Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Why?

Why did a woman at the co-op today leave her child in the car? He was probably 18 months or 2. It was hot. She had cracked the windows but still, why? He had a blanket on his legs too which would have made him warm up even faster. Anyway, I reported it to the employees and they made a page. She returned within 5 minutes but my heart was beating so fast and I was so MAD at her (the mom).
Athena kept asking me, "why did she leave the baby in the car?" Maybe because she is an idiot? I don't know and try not to be too harsh or judgmental. I know how it is when they fall asleep in the car and that is going to be the only nap they get for the day, but heck, forgo the food and stay with your kids.
Even with the doors open, my car felt close to 100 degrees. Anyway, just wanted to rant. That really shook me up. I know I've left them in the car to bring one in at a time to the house, or to get cash out, but this just seemed extreme. I hope the mom got the message that it wasn't OK!

2 comments:

lola coca-cola said...

Totally not ok, besides being too hot, I would worry about someone taking my kid. Nope, not ok. But then again, I fell asleep yesterday while my kid was taking a bath. To be fair, I felt so sick, it was really hard to stay awake, but I should have tried harder, even if I had to prop my eyelids open with toothpicks. And I woke up because she was calling me to get her out of the bath. Bad mommy.

Elaine said...

Yeah, there's nothing OK about what she did. Makes me crazy!