Monday, October 15, 2007

Teething and Throw up

Just when I thought things were going to get back to normal over here, the roseola was gone, etc. A woke up with a sore neck. I kind of blew her off and told her to rest on the couch as I thought she was just still tired. About 20 minutes later, she got up and looked like she was about to throw up. Then she did. It wasn't too bad, but still caught me off guard. She slept on and off most of the morning/early afternoon. We woke from a nap around 1:30 and she wanted her breakfast. I took that for a good sign and couldn't convince her to eat anything other than what she was supposed to have had for breakfast 5 hours before. So she had some waffle and about 2 hours later she wanted more food so she had a baked potato. Her energy was back and she hasn't relapsed so that is good news.
Ro is much better from all his sickness but the teething seems to be bothering him. He has been real bitey and just a little irritable. He seems to be a slow teether. I've seen the white bump under his gums for a week but it hasn't popped through. Athena teethed fast and furiously and would get 4 teeth in a week or 2. He may end up doing that eventually but it is taking longer I think. I hope he sleeps more soundly tonight. He's been crying out in his sleep and it is so sad.
We had visitors over the weekend so we didn't do much cooking, just a lot of eating out, and we probably won't cook up anything exciting this week since we leave for Mexico on Thursday. Our first vacation with 2 kids, yay! I am looking forward to it although slightly nervous about what we are going to eat. I guess a lot of rice and beans.

Our visitors Josh and Larisa with Ro. We had a fun time seeing our long lost friends. It had been 2 years I think? We had just enjoyed a dinner at Ranchos. Athena had fun with them too even though she told them she wouldn't miss them when they left. Gotta love her!

No comments: