Thursday, October 30, 2008

Vegan MoFo - Bagels for dinner

I've been feeling crazy today after 2 nights without much sleep and some cranky kids on my hands. As I've mentioned before, Athena has soccer practice on Thursdays and we don't get home until 5:30 (or later when we have last minute Halloween errands), and since I cooked a proper lunch (lemon garlic noodles with broccoli and tempeh), I fed the kids bagels for dinner. I toasted a sesame bagel, threw on some pepper jack rice cheese (yes the vegan one), and spread on some avocado. With sides of peas and grapes, the kids were happy as clams. I scrounged up some leftovers, and now am "sitting" down to a raw burger that Chris made. I have 3 more very busy days, and then I'm hoping to get back to my routine. Tomorrow is going to be crazy! I'm feeling like October wasn't the best month of food for me. I'll try harder next year.

No comments: