Monday, October 20, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 14 - German Apple Cake



I finally got around to using more of our apples from the apple picking day. I settled on this recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking because it looked really easy and I wanted to whip it up while Rowan was napping. It was a fun one to make with Athena because she got to put all of the sliced apples on top and then sprinkle it with the cinnamon, ginger, and sugar mixture. We brought it to my in laws for dinner tonight (dessert) and everyone loved it. I'd definitely make it again as it is a cinch to make, and pretty tasty. It is light, not too sweet, but still cake like.

I never did make that apple pie and I'm not sure I will. I am leaning towards making apple muffins and apple crisp or cobbler with the rest of our apples. For some reason that just sounds better than pie.

5 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Mmmmm...yummy. I LOVE Apple Cake.

lao80 said...

Yum! I wonder if I have enough apples left to make that.

Unknown said...

Ohhh I was eyeing that one too. Glad to hear that it turned out well. We still have plenty of apples.

DJ said...

I NEVER get overexcited about the prospect of Apple Pie - especially when you can do soooo many other more tasty things with apples!! Like this cake, for example!!

aTxVegn said...

I've been wondering if folks were enjoying this cake. Yours looks so good!