Monday, October 27, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 19 - Halloween Cupcakes

I made the vanilla cupcakes with chocolate frosting from The Joy of Vegan Baking because...gasp...I can't find my Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World book. I guess it was kind of a good thing because I probably wouldn't have tried these otherwise. They turned out quite well, the frosting is my favorite while the cake is just pretty good. I was really worried because the batter didn't taste too great, and then the recipe said it would make 10-12 and mine made 22! Anyway, I frosted these and Athena put the sprinkles on. As an after thought, I grabbed some skull rings to pose for sugar skulls. Athena and her cousin loved find the rings and licking the frosting off.

I couldn't help myself and had to include these pictures of Rowan thoroughly enjoying his cupcake. That boy really has a sweet tooth!



2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

That's a real Nom Ryan's doing there!!
Sooo cute!
:)

lao80 said...

Yum! That frosting recipe is my fav. Way better the vctotw. I still like the cake recipes in vctotw though.