Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Vegan MoFo - Day 6

My husband emailed this to me today. Granted, I haven't eaten at a CPK in over 5 years, but it is good to know what options are out there if ever in a pinch. It is so hard to get menu lists like this so I was kind of excited. I wish all restaurants broke it down in this way.

Well then, later in the afternoon my brother, sister in law, and their 2 munchkins surprised me out at our pool so we had a little pool party (Chris joined us right at the end) (and it wasn't a total surprise as they were invited, but didn't sound like they'd make it). The girls are such fish right now, and the boys mostly run around the pool, constantly making me nervous and having a blast. They love the "hot pool" though. Oh, whoops, I almost forgot, this is supposed to be about food. So yeah, we all got good and hungry in the pool (did I mention it was in the 90's again!!!) and it was definitely too hot to cook so we decided to try out a pizza chain called zpizza. My brother asked me if it had any vegan items and I was sure they did since we'd received a coupon in the mail last week, which made me check out their website. I hadn't heard much about them, but they do have vegan options. We got the "berkeley veggie" pizza without the pesto (read somewhere it had cheese in it). I meant to order it with marinara, but there was a mixup so it was sauceless. Not bad even without sauce (I got some marinara on the side), but I think it would have been really good with the sauce and all. We also got a cheeseless one since my nephew is sensitive to soy and it was tasty with roasted red peppers, kalamata olives, and crimini mushrooms. We try and make our own pizza most of the time, but tonight was worth it. My brother leaves for a 2 week business trip to India on Friday, so it was nice to spend some time with him and feed us all something that suited all of our preferences.

And while I'm on the subject of food, last night we celebrated at Sipz Cafe for my Father in laws birthday. It was as good as ever. We just love that place. My kids love the baby avocado rolls, and the bbq chicken bowl. It is the best bbq "chicken" I've had. I love that I can get a Vietnamese iced coffee, or chai, or boba tea, and not have to worry about getting it made right. I love the chargrilled veggie salad and the thai fried rice right now, but I go through phases. I used to order the chicken with basil everytime. The banana cake with coconut cream is the best dessert. The chocolate and carrot cakes used to be really good, and then got kind of drier. I'm not sure why they changed their recipe, but it still isn't too bad, just not my favorite cake. Alright, enough of my food ramblings. Have a good night. And if you haven't watched this video yet on Prop 2, then please do. I loved it.

3 comments:

Bethany said...

I went to sipz while I was on vaca once. Very very delicious. I love the hot sushi rolls with the hot sauce on top. hot sushi does sound strange, but they were worth it. yum.

marlene said...

that video is great. also, since watching it on here a few days ago, i've totally been on a renewed stevie wonder kick!

Diana M. said...

I finally got around to checking your blog today. It has been a long time. Are you still doing VeganMoFo? It looked like a cool idea.