Wednesday, October 01, 2008

VeganMoFo Day 1


So, here it is, a whole month of vegan food (veganMoFo). I'll be blogging all month about the kitchen happenings of veganmomma and the family. Today was absolutely way to hot to cook as it was over 90 degrees and I live just 5 minutes from the beach! So yeah, we had take out, but I do have some catching up to do. The other night, I was pressed for dinner ideas (and time), so I whipped up a batch of pancakes for dinner. I tried to make a meal out of them by using whole wheat flour, almond milk, blueberries, and as an after thought, sesame seeds. I use the pancake recipe from The Joy of Vegan Baking ever since I discovered how perfect and easy it is. I also noticed a ripe avocado while I was making the cakes, and served up some slices of avo with the pancakes. It sounded like a weird combo to me, but apparently a local vegan restaurant, The Vegan Zone actually has pancakes with avocado on the menu! As you can see by their faces, my kids really gobbled this dinner up! No complaints here.

I also was the proud winner of this veg news prize pack thanks to cafe vegnews. Thanks again VegNews! The cookies are long gone and I'm working on the Rice Dream Chocolate Chai right now.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

OOO, I'm not vegan, but i love those cookies. They are soooo yummy!

Sheree' said...

You are so lucky! Those cookies really are awesome! I made some zucchini pancakes a couple weeks ago and I think avocado would be great with them.

Bex said...

dirty kiddie faces, that's the true test of a meal.

Chocolate chai?!?! where? need some