Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 15 - Snobby Joes

I'd been wanting to make the Snobby Joes from Veganomicon for quite some time. I'm not sure what the hold up was, but alas, they appeared at our dinner table tonight. I couldn't quite follow the recipe because we were out of peppers and only had a red onion, but I added some carrots instead and everything turned out just fine. Chris, Rowan, and I gobbled it up. It was a little spicy for Rowan, but he still loved it. I didn't even attempt to serve this to Athena as she has made it very clear that she does NOT like lentils, or onions for that matter. She got a grilled cheese instead. This would have been the perfect meal if paired with a crisp green salad, but we didn't have any greens so I did the best I could and slapped a few cucumber slices on top. It was a nice addition in my opinion. So, if haven't tried these then go ahead and give them a go. They are veganmomma approved. And now to give you a bit of background on my experience with sloppy joes. Let's just say that growing up we "made it a manwich night" pretty regularly. I never loved them, but I didn't mind them. ew. ew. ew.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Sloppy/Snobby Joes are a bit of an American thing, am I right? Nevertheless, My enduring love of lentils probably means I'll give 'em a go!

Jen Treehugger said...

I haven't tried this recipe yet. Sooo many things to try.........