Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 12 - Field Roast


I feel like the last vegan to ever try Field Roast. I had a little trouble finding it when I first heard about it and then just kind of gave up on it. On a recent trip to Whole Foods, I found it just calling my name. I went with the smoked apple sage variety thinking it may be pleasing to the kids (the chipotle one looked good but I thought it'd be too spicy for the kids). I had to make a quick dinner since tonight is soccer practice night so I whipped up a batch of lemon garlic pasta, and then sauteed the field roast in olive oil with some random vegetables (which was all I had). I sprinkled toasted pine nuts and nutritional yeast on top and everyone loved it. The kids went crazy over the field roast, especially Rowan. He wouldn't really eat anything else but just kept begging for more "hot" (we had told him it was a little spicy hot). He kept saying, "Mo, mo, mo, hot, hot, peas, peas" (more, more , more, hot, hot, please, please) It took me a few bites in to get used to the texture, but after that I liked them too.
I'm interested in trying out more of their products, they seemed to be a real crowd pleaser tonight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, they had it? Finally! I've checked so many times.
I need to get more rice moz, so maybe we'll go by tomorrow.
Thanks

Unknown said...

Wow, they had it? Finally! I've checked so many times.
I need to get more rice moz, so maybe we'll go by tomorrow.
Thanks

Jen Treehugger said...

I've not tried them either.

*sobs*

Probably because I live in Spain but I hear such GREAT things about them.

Kary said...

I haven't tried it yet :(
haha I can't find them, even ehre in Puerto Rico at freshmart it isn't available...I'm going to tell freshmart to start carrying these, i really wanna try ^^