Thursday, October 02, 2008

Vegan MoFo Day 2 - Peanut butter O bars



I bought a box of those "High Fiber O's" from Trader Joes awhile back, and neither my kids nor I were really digging them. I absolutely hate wasting food so I tried to come up with a way to make them more palatable. Thus, the Peanut Butter O Bars were born. I can't really take credit for this recipe at all though as it is a complete rip off from Vive's "Crispi Squares. The only modifications I made were substituting dried cherries for the dried cranberries, and the high fiber O's for the rice crisp cereal. These are so easy to make, I often turn to these squares when I need something quick (although they do need time to cool in the fridge). Everyone loved these, and now I don't have to keep looking at that silly box of cereal. Any old cereal you have sitting around will do, so get out your copy of Vive le Vegan and get cracking!

*also, just wanted to let all me readers know that I'll be away this weekend, so my daily MoFo posts will be delayed. Have a nice weekend.

4 comments:

Iris said...

Oooh, good idea. I have a box of Gorilla Munch Lila didn't like. Those look yummy.

Amy said...

Oooh.. Yummy!

DJ said...

That's such a good idea for using up less than popular cereal! I too HATE throwing out food so anyway I can improvise, I will...

Anonymous said...

that looks incredibly tasty! wish my mom woulda thought of stuff like that!