Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am thankful for...


More than just pie and my kids, but those are pretty darn important (my kids are total hams). It was a lovely day with family, and the food was fantastic. We had our own vegan table (with my 1 cousin who ate standard stuff) so the kids didn't even notice the rest of the people eating up a carved bird, yuck! The pie/cheezcake turned out well. The cheezcake was a bit of a nightmare because it made 2 x's what it was supposed to, as in I filled 2 pie shells instead of 1. No biggie, but I'm wondering where I went wrong. And last night I was convinced it hadn't cooked all the way through, but it set more in the fridge overnight I guess.

3 comments:

chanale said...

It sounds like you had a great and vegan-friendly Thanksgiving! No turkey at ours, but one dish was drowning in cheese to please my uncles. When Eliza asked for her "pumpkin soymilk" (Silk), they claimed soy caused kidney damage of so-and-so on a "soy vay-gin diet," so we need to stop poisoning our child. :(

veganmomma said...

OMG I hate when my relatives say "vay-gin", you just made me laugh.

Luci said...

did Athena get a haircut? So cute!