Tuesday, October 13, 2009

MoFo Day 13 - Whole Foods Pizza and Fresh squeezed OJ

Athena juicing some super juicy organic oranges
Rowan waiting "patiently" for his turn
The pizza we saved for Chris (we packed a few pieces away for lunch tomorrow)

Tuesdays are tricky over here as I stupidly signed Rowan up for a soccer class during our usual dinner time. I usually pack something for the kids to eat before hand, but I wasn't up for it today. Luckily, I live just a few miles from a Whole Foods who fairly recently starting serving up Daiya vegan cheese pizzas. Their pizza are huge and I find them very delicious. The kids LOVE pizza, but I usually just get their half with olives and daiya so I don't have to spend my evening picking onions of their food. Chris and I go for the vegan veggie which usually contains olives, onions, peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, and eggplant. We also had some spinach salad to round out the dinner.

When we got home from soccer, the kids helped me make some fresh squeezed OJ. Athena has the sniffles, so this was perfect for her. Our oranges were very sweet and made perfect OJ. I can't wait to buy some more at the co-op next time.

1 comment:

DJ said...

That pizza looks delicious - and I know what you mean about only getting cheeze and olives on the kids side! My kids like their pizza to be perfectly margherita-flat - any texture added via rogue toppings and they revolt! Good idea with the orange juice too!