Thursday, October 01, 2009

Pumpkin Scones


The other day I was craving something pumpkin-y but was tired of my usual muffins and waffles. I got the brilliant idea to try pumpkin scones and was so pleased with the results. I used the basic scone recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. Then I added a cup of pumpkin, and the usual pumpkin spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. I think I added some applesauce as well and used a little bit less oil than the recipe suggests. I used whole wheat flour as well. And finally, I added a handful of chocolate chips, just for good measure. Sprinkled the tops with cinnamon and sugar, and we were good to go. The kids and adults really enjoyed these. They were muffin like, but not as sweet as the muffins I usually make. I will definitely make these again, and hopefully will double the recipe next time as they were gone within 24 hours.

2 comments:

Bex said...

oh scones it has been too long!

ThePierrottiClan said...

Is it possible to get the recipes?

Thanks,
April