Monday, October 05, 2009

MoFo Day 5 - Peanut Sauce-y salad and pasta


Peanut sauce is serious comfort food in this household, and with the cooler weather today, I was craving something just like this. This recipe was inspired by my friend Averie who has been making lots of this peanut sauce at her new house. I switched her recipe up just a little by adding some tamari, garlic, and ginger, but otherwise pretty much did what she did (although I didn't measure anything, just kind of eye balled it). The finished product was super tasty. I served it on a salad of tossed spinach, shredded broccoli stems and carrots. I also cooked up some pasta. I tossed this with some peanut sauce and some minced spinach for the kids who won't eat their vegetables and they both gobbled it up. Yum! Super easy and everyone left the table happy.

3 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

YUM! Peanut sauce rocks and is one of my favourite comfort foods. It is so decadent and naughty. I serve mine with seitan or tofu but I'm loving your salad and pasta. I guess everything's good with peanut sauce.
:)

DJ said...

This looks so creamy and delicious! Sadly, my kids aren't very keen on sweet-spicy flavour combos, but I LOVE them!

Averie @ Averie Cooks said...

Hey Sara thanks for linking my recipe! I have seen a few visitors to my site from veganmamma according to my little widget and I thought that's interesting and voila, you tried the peanut sauce! I am so happy you liked it!!!!

I hope you're doing well and that you presh kiddos are too :)

xoox