Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vegan MoFo Day 11 - Pumpkin pancakes and more

Pumpkin pancakes (my favorite!)
Chris' quinoa salad

I woke up today feeling good and busted out some pumpkin pancakes for the family before my morning soccer game. My favorite pancake recipe is the one in The Joy of Vegan Baking. For this version I just add pumpkin puree (just less than 1/2 a cup) and then add spices (cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and nutmeg). These are just so good, I'm even packing some leftovers for Athena's lunch tomorrow because they make her so happy:) I always sub in whole wheat flour and still have good results. (I have made them with all purpose flour and they just taste lighter and more "treat" like)

For lunch, Chris fixed up some quinoa. My husband is a quinoa lover, he makes it every week which is why you've been seeing so much of it on this blog! This quinoa salad was filled with so many yummy things.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Pancakes before soccer? Boy your kids are lucky - mine tend to get a handful of cereal thrown in their faces as I drag them out the door to dance class!

denise said...

i so need to follow your life to figure out how to fit these yummy treats in...both sound good...