Friday, October 23, 2009

MoFo Day 23 - Fresh Salsa!



As I've gone through this month, I have realized that we eat so many tortillas. At least twice a week it seems we are wrapping something up in a tortilla. Tonight I made some salsa to go with our wraps du jour. The salsa was pretty spicy, so not for the little ones, but I LOVE spice so this one was for me!

Sara's Salsa
3 large tomatoes
1/2 red onion
1 red pepper
1 cup spinach
juice of 1 lime
1 tablespoon garlic
1/2 teaspoon salt
(chile's of your liking, I used one really tiny red one that I don't know what it was called, and a HUGE jalapeƱo)

I blended it all up in my food processor and that was that. Cilantro would have made it even better, but I was all out:(

I am looking forward to tomorrow. I'm taking my 5 year old to the ballet for free, and then going out to dinner with her while the boys go to a Halloween cyclocross race. Then Sunday, we have 2 parties to enjoy!


2 comments:

Jen Treehugger said...

Tortillas are great - I LOVE them.
:)

Anna Graham Shonle said...

I'm a huge tortilla fan, too. Yum, I love fresh salsa more than almost any condiment.