Tuesday, October 20, 2009

MoFo Day 20 - another quick dinner and the NEW LUNCHBOX

So I don't always feed my kids really healthy stuff, but I try to balance it out as best as I can. My kids LOVE veggie dogs, I think they are pretty gross but do enjoy them a couple times per year. Tonight they got to pick their dinner and so veggie dogs it was. I paired it with a heaping pile of kale chips and hoped the sprouted bread and kale balanced the meal out. They also ate some fresh apples and bananas and a brownie for dessert (this was over the course of a few hours).
Athena's new lunchbox arrived! Nothing fancy for her first lunch in it, but I'm sure she'll be happy with it. She's got a PB & J sandwich, green grapes, seaweed rice puffs, 1/2 a mini luna bar, and applesauce sprinkled with cinnamon on the side.
Here is the box closed.
And into its insulated bag. The applesauce container fits right into the pouch next to the water bottle holder. Pretty nice!

7 comments:

denise said...

wow! i so should have gotten in on that order...maybe next year when sea is off to kindergarten...

Jen Treehugger said...

Nice lunchbox.

Leslie Richman said...

That is a super cool lunchbox!

Jenny said...

Wow - I love that lunchbox. How have I never seen these? Do you like it? Can she open it herself? You sound like me. I'm always serving up frozen Amy's or something and trying to put something fresh on the side to make me feel better about it. Looks like you're doing a great job! Most kids don't get kale chips and sprouted bread, eh? And my kids love veggie dogs, too, but they're the one analog I just can't handle for myself. They're too life-like. (making my way through the Mofo blogs)

veganmomma said...

I LOVE the lunchbox, it is really easy to open and close. My daughter is only 5. She told me today that she wants to bring it everyday to school. We are quite pleased and may have to order another for the jealous younger brother. Better start saving our pennies because it wasn't cheap, but should last forever since it is stainless steel!

sheri (Green and Crunchy) said...

That lunchbox is awesome! I've seen it here and there online and it seems to be getting great raves from parents. I'm a big fan of steel lunchpails too -- we use tiffins but yours look like much more fun :)

Your kids are gorgeous! Loving your MoFo posts...

Cheers,
Sheri

Jenny said...

Thanks for the info! :)